Work with us
Visitors is hiring! We are seeking a Sales & Consignment Associate to join our team!
Position title: Sales & Consignment Associate
Part time, permanent
A minimum of 15 hours a week and up to 25 hours a week
Starting at $11.75 hourly
Must be available on Tuesdays & Saturdays between the hours of 11:30 am - 5:30 pm (remaining shifts are flexible during hours of operation)
Primary job description: Sales (10-15 hours)
Working on the shop’s sales floor, the Associate will be assisting customers and consignors. Tasks include:
- Ringing through purchases using a POS, debit terminal, and accepting cash.
- Answering customer questions about merchandise and store/consignment policies.
- Greeting consignors and assisting them with their account information.
- Assisting with incoming and outgoing consignment as assigned by the owners.
- Computer data entry into an inventory system as assigned
- Routine shop cleaning.
Secondary job description: Consignment (5-10 hours)
Working from the consignment room in the back of the shop, the Associate will be assisting the owners with preparing incoming clothing on consignment to be shop-ready. This component of the position is not customer facing. Tasks include:
- Prepare incoming & outgoing consignment clothing, shoes, jewellery and accessories as assigned
- Using clothing conditioning tools and equipment (steamer, knitwear shaver, lint roller, suede brush, leather polish, etc.)
- Neatly printing item information on to price tags
- Grading items according to the store guidelines as assigned
- Enjoys conversation and meeting new people
- Focused and detail-orientated
- Enjoys repetitive or procedural tasks
- Performs well under stress
- Adaptive to change
- Responsive to new assignments on a day-to-day basis
- Has an interest in 20th and 21th-century fashion, style and history
- Comfortable with computers and social media
- High school diploma or equivalent
What to expect & how to apply
Our shop serves the local community and beyond. The Sales & Consignment Associate will be interacting with folks of all ages, genders, and walks of life, as well as working closely with the shop’s owners, KC & Emily. This employment opportunity is perfect for someone who is interested in fashion from across the eras, and who may also be interested in gaining experience in customer service, as well as the behind-the-scenes aspects of working in a vintage & consignment shop.
We hope to welcome a new team member into a fun, inclusive and exciting work environment. If you feel you’d be a good fit at Visitors, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility, Assets & Training
Applicants must be fully vaccinated to be eligible for this position. Previous experience with customer service, resale (at markets or on Etsy/Depop/Poshmark/etc.), photography, sewing, and thrifting are considered assets. Training will be offered to the successful candidate.