Consignment intake is closed for the time being
Yesterday, on March 16th, we came to the decision to close consignment intake until further notice, as a measure of protection in this ever-evolving situation regarding COVID-19. To learn more about the steps we are taking to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19, please read our latest post. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Visitors welcomes clothes, shoes and accessories for all genders, sizes XXS to XXL+, at every price point. We hand pick vintage, designer and everyday basics with care towards their style, cut, and craftsmanship. We are mindful of the impact that production has on people and the planet and choose pre-loved pieces in excellent condition seeking new homes. Our intake desk is open six days a week. Visit us during shop hours and we will review your pieces while you shop. No appointment necessary.
Spring/Summer: January 1st
Fall/Winter: July 1st
Arrive early to take full advantage of the season. Once our inventory is full for the season, we cannot take in new items. Join our newsletter to receive updates on Visitors’ seasonal schedule.
How Consignment Works at Visitors
- Visitors offers a 40% commission of the final selling price.
- Pieces are evaluated based on condition, style, season, and inventory levels.
- New arrivals are priced within 1-10 days based on their current resale value. Prices are non negotiable. Markdowns are made at our discretion (this includes promotional events and seasonal sales).
- When dropping off new items, please let us know whether you would like certain ones returned to you or donated.
Accounting and Account Inquiries
- Account updates and payouts will be provided upon request. At this time, consignors are responsible for their accounts, and we cannot contact consignors when items have sold.
- For an update on your account, please visit us in store, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1 (506) 642-1360
- Starting on March 1st, payouts will be made by cheque. Cheques can be picked up in store or mailed out for a $3.00 fee. E-transfers are also available for a $1.00 fee.
Shop credit never expires and can be used towards any in store purchase. This is not limited to only clothing and accessories. Shop credit can be used towards original artwork, current exhibitions, artisanal jewellery, homewares, books, giftcards, and on layaway payments.
All items must be laundered and be free of odours prior to intake. We evaluate items based on the following criteria:
In pristine condition with no signs of wear. New with or without tags.
In excellent pre-owned condition with little to no signs of wear and no visible flaws.
In very good pre-owned condition with minimal signs of wear and few visible flaws. Natural wear and tear can be seen.
In good pre-owned condition with some signs of wear and minor visible flaws. Natural wear and tear can be seen and minor repairs may have been made. In wearable condition.
Pieces that are 20+ years old. Their condition will range between Mint and Good, taking into account distressing, natural wear and tear, and repairs that may have been made. In wearable condition.
Pieces that are 100+ years old. Their condition will range between Mint and Good, taking into account distressing, natural wear and tear, and repairs that may have been made. In wearable or repairable condition.
Pieces that are 20+ years old with original tags. Their condition will range between Mint and Very Good with no signs of wear, and take into account distressing due to age.
In wearable or repairable condition with visible flaws. Items marked "As Is" have been priced accordingly and adjustments will not be made.
- If we deem an item needs repair or dry cleaning, a fee will be charged to the consignor's account.
- Returns requested prior to the end of the selling season (6 months after date of process) require five (5) business days for reconciliation. Pieces pulled by the consignor are subject to a fee of:
- $25 per piece if less than three months
- $5 per piece if between three (3) and six (6) months
When consigning a designer or luxury item, we ask that consignors include the original proof of purchase or authentication documents. Items without documentation may be subject to a third-party authentication process, and a fee will be charged to the consignor's account. Items that are inauthentic or cannot be authenticated will be returned to the consignor.
End of Season Returns
- Consignors will be contacted via email to coordinate a pick up time for returns. We ask that items are picked up within one week. If you need a little extra time, no problem, just let us know. Items that have not been pick up will be considered donated.
- All pieces remaining following the six month selling period will be donated.
- Donated items are first placed in a discount bin and then donated to The Hospice Shoppe.
Visitors will accept donations of new and vintage pieces so long as they are in wearable or repairable condition. Visitors is not a registered charity and we may refuse donations.
In some instances, Visitors may buy collections from estate sales and private collectors offering lots of over one hundred items, containing rare, vintage, and designer clothing and accessories, in good, wearable condition. If you have a collection, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1 (506) 642-1360.