Consignment Terms of Service
Visitors sells gently worn clothing and accessories; and Consigner owns the items selected by Visitors and desires to sell the same; Therefore, the parties agree as follows:
- Pricing and Terms of Payment. Visitors will sell the items at the retail price set by representatives from the shop. Visitors and the consignor agree that the consignor’s commission is to be 40% of the final selling price for items sold. Account updates will be provided upon request. We will not contact consignors when items have sold. Prices are non negotiable. Markdowns are made at our discretion (this includes promotional events and seasonal sales).
- Payment & Shop Credit. Visitors shall pay the consignor all proceeds due to the consignor when requested. Cheques can be picked up in store or mailed for a $3.00 fee. E-transfers are available for a $1.00 fee. Starting on March 1st, 2020, payouts will no longer be made out in cash. Shop credit will never expire and can be used towards any Visitors purchase.
- Fees. If we deem an item needs repair or dry cleaning, the consignor’s account will be charged a fee. Returns requested prior to the end of the selling season (6 months after date of process) require five (5) business days for reconciliation. Pieces pulled by the consignor are subject to a fee of: $10 per piece if less than three months / $5 per piece if between three (3) and six (6) months.
- Authentication. When consigning a designer or luxury item, we ask that consignors include the original proof of purchase or authentication documents. Items without documentation may be subject to a third-party authentication process and a fee will be charged to the consignor's account. Items that are inauthentic or cannot be authenticated will be returned to the consignor or donated.
- Unselected & Unsold Items. If a consignor wishes for unsold or unselected items to be returned, the consignor will need to make these arrangements with Visitors at the time of drop-off. Unselected items must be picked up within one week after being notified. Consignors will be notified via email. Items that have not been picked up will be donated to the discount bin and/or to The Saint John Hospice Shoppe.
- Seasonal Intake Schedule, Promotions & Display. Spring/Summer: January | Fall/Winter: July. Bring items early in the season to take full advantage of the six month consignment term. Once our inventory is full for the season, we will no longer take in new items. Visitors will use its best efforts to promote, display and sell items. We reserve the right to reassess the consignment term for a longer or shorter period of time on a per item basis. We ask that consignors do not request the return of items. Early returns are subject to fees.
- Changes, Governing Law & Misc. We may update these terms from time to time. This agreement shall be governed by and in accordance with the laws of the province of New Brunswick. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Visitors is not responsible for stolen, lost or damaged items.